Focus on the Present
One of the best ways to fill your life with passion is to live in the present moment. When you immerse yourself in the here and now:
✴ The past and future are irrelevant
✴ Worries are forgotten
✴ Distractions are pushed aside
✴ You achieve total focus on what you’re doing
✴ You catapult yourself toward your goals
✴ Your journey is a parade of passionate moments
Living with total focus on the moment will take some practice because it’s a different mindset than you may be used to. But practice makes perfect!
Follow these tips to help you experience present moment living:
1. Let your senses come alive! Take time to stop and smell the roses. Enjoy the softness of your kitten’s fur, the warmth of a loved one’s caress, the delicious aroma of the pie baking in the oven, the freshness of the air after a rain shower, the pleasing harmony of the songbirds heralding the dawn, and the sheer beauty of a rose.
✴ You’re never too busy to let these wonderful moments slip by unnoticed!
2. Heed the opportunity of this moment. Opportunities are all around you, each and every day. Keep your mind open to opportunities that can benefit you and take advantage of them while they’re right there in front of you.
3. Stay focused. When distracting thoughts try to take you away from this very moment, regain your focus by consciously asking yourself these questions:
✴ Where am I? (Here)
✴ What time is it? (Now)
✴ What am I thinking about? (Only what I’m doing this moment)
These questions will help you put your worries and distractions aside. If necessary, tell yourself that you’ll simply think about them at another time, but not right now. If you do this enough, you’ll find that it becomes easier and easier to keep your focus on this moment.
Go For It with All the Gusto You’ve Got
When you’re putting your best efforts into any endeavor, it’s hard not to muster up some passion. If you’re going to do something, then it’s worth doing well. No wishy-washy, half-baked efforts for you!
Letting your passion shine through in all your actions makes everything you do in your life worthwhile, whether it’s washing the dishes or writing a symphony.
Allow yourself the sheer joy of total enjoyment in what you’re doing!
Use these strategies to help you boost your passion:
1. Determine your priorities. When you know without a doubt what’s most important to you, you can make choices and decisions with confidence. Choose the option which is most conducive to your higher priority and you’ll be inspired to go full force with your decision.
2. Live on purpose. Living on purpose is choosing your own life according to your priorities. Simplify your life: include in your schedule only those things which are important to you.
3. Clarify your goals. Know exactly what you want and how you’re going to get there. Divide your goals into achievable steps and focus on completing one step at a time. Rejoice as you achieve each step because you’re one step closer to your ultimate goal. This will inspire you and build momentum.
4. Believe in yourself. Nothing helps you go full-force like confidence. The first three steps above will help you gain confidence in yourself. Allow yourself to believe in you and you’ll find the passion you’ve been seeking.
Check back often for the continuation of this series.
If you would like a hard copy contact: firstname.lastname@example.org